NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, July 23, 2010

The 9th Judgment by James Patterson


4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining read in the Women's Murder Club series...., July 23, 2010
By
This review is from: The 9th Judgment (The Women's Murder Club) (Hardcover)
This is one of the better books in the Women's Murder Club series. It's fast-paced and has several different criminal actions going on that involve the members of the WMC.

In first person point of view, Sergeant Lindsay Boxer of the SFPD juggles simultaneous investigations involving the shooting death of the wife of a movie star, tracking a cat burglar who steals from the rich during dinner parties, and chasing a psycho dubbed the LIPSTICK KILLER who is running rampant in the garages of San Francisco shopping malls killing women and their children. The other members of the WMC, Yuki, Claire, and Cindy, are all involved, as usual, in various aspects of these cases. This particular book is more focused on Lindsay although the romance between Cindy and Lindsay's current partner Rich Conklin, also gets some page time.

Although not great literature, this was an absorbing and entertaining page turner; a quick read with Patterson's trademark short chapters, perfect for summer travel or for reading while lounging at the pool with a cold drink.

3 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I am so glad to see you liked it. I really like the series. As you said, not amazing writing, but very entertaining. I can't wait to read it as soon as I get it back from my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you will like it too, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really, Denise? I also liked it, but I was still surprised to see your 4 because the formula writing was pretty strong in this one in my opinion. I'm sticking with the series though, and I thought it was pretty good. (Don't get discouraged, Sharon, you'll enjoy it!)

    ReplyDelete