NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

4.0 out of 5 stars Need to find out more about Lisbeth..., September 25, 2010


This review is from: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Paperback)
It seems that that this is a book that tends to polarize people -- either they rave about it or they pan it. Well, I liked it -- despite all the naysayers and the critical reviews. The plot moved along at a steady pace and the revelations of the narrative were interesting and surprising. I confess to having seen the movie (with subtitles) before reading the book, and felt that the movie was a faithful adaptation. I liked the character of Lisbeth and wanted to know more about her, hence why I picked up the book. I did get a little bored with all the financial shenanigans and the endless detail about the money laundering, but the story about Harriet and the Vangers was definitely worth wading through all the other stuff!

Glad I read it and think that most readers who like a good mystery will enjoy it too! I definitely plan to read the other two in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment