NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, January 3, 2014

The Supreme Macaroni Company








3.0 out of 5 stars Life, love and family...Italian style!, January 3, 2014


This third book in the series, after Very Valentine: A Novel and Brava, Valentine: A Novel, is definitely not a stand-alone so you will most certainly need to have read those others prior to starting it to get the full scope of the trilogy. This one was not as happy and fun for me, it didn't create the same mood and feelings that the previous books had. In fact, it was very sad. I had enjoyed the other books because of the connection they provided to my own memories of family and food and work. I always felt that Trigiani had the uncanny ability to make me taste the food, see the sights, smell the scents, and touch the fabric of the materials used in creation of the shoes. I truly reveled in the details of the wonderfully chaotic and mostly happy life led by Valentine Roncalli and her large Italian clan. I wish this had ended differently.

Overall, I enjoyed the series despite not ever really liking the main character, Valentine Roncalli, since most of the time I just wanted to shake her and tell her to stop being so self-centered and single-minded. I eventually developed some empathy for her and grew to admire her struggles to save the Angelini Shoe Company and continue the family legacy.

This series is one any fan of Trigiani's work won't want to miss. It was a sentimental and moving story of a very interesting family business and their interwoven lives.

Amazon Vine ARC

No comments:

Post a Comment