NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, April 24, 2014

I am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes





5.0 out of 5 stars  

An amazing suspense thriller with an unforgettable character. It screams "blockbuster movie" and I simply could not put it down though I paced myself so I could make the pleasure last longer. It is one of the best I've read in ages! I had about given up on this genre, but this book managed to lure me back and to remind me of how much I had once loved it.

Readers will be glued to the pages in this race against time -- can Pilgrim find the lone man intent on destroying America with a scheme so heinous, and with a 100% kill rate, that is about to be unleashed on innocent people? Sent on a globe-trotting covert mission to find and stop this threat, Pilgrim seeks answers from the scant information he has and the few clues he is able to find. What does the "perfect murder" in a sleazy US hotel have to do with an "accidental death" in Bodrum, Turkey? The only key may be a tenuous connection between a book and a very radical Islamist.

I will be recommending this to everyone who loves heart-stopping action without the inclusion of a ridiculous romance, a smart-mouthed sidekick, or a trusty animal. 






Thank you to NetGalley and Atria/Emily Bestler publishers for the e-book ARC to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment