NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Bold Lies (DI Kelly Porter #5) by Rachel Lynch

What if a drug could be created that would save millions from the misery of substance abuse? And who might not want that to happen?

A body is found shot to death in a boathouse at Derwent Water. Two scientists are killed in a hidden lab in East London. Are these deaths related? DI Kelly Porter has the case in the Lake District but travels to London to work with her old flame, DCI Matt Carter. This is a complicated investigation that involves the upper levels of the government and a pharmaceutical giant. NO SPOILERS.

I really enjoy this police procedural series. The characters have definitely grown on me and I can relate to Kelly Porter -- she's a woman who has her act together, is tough when she needs to be, and can handle her job without doing stupid stuff. The other important aspect of this series is the setting: the Lake District descriptions make me want to visit and I love the details of the area. I suggest that these books be read in order to get full appreciation. I know I'm looking forward to another!

Thank you to NetGalley and Canelo Books for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is book #5 in a series. Best to read in order.
Genre - police procedural

No comments:

Post a Comment