NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, September 13, 2019

29 Seconds by T.M. Logan

"I am not talking about the law, I'm talking about justice."

When 32-year-old Dr. Sarah Haywood, married mother of two, finds herself at the end of her rope due to sexual harassment by her boss, Dr. Alan Lovelock, at Queen Anne University, she has one chance to turn the tables. After agonizing endlessly over the morality of the offered solution, she decides to accept and thus sets in motion a cat and mouse game with far-reaching consequences. NO SPOILERS.

This was a quick easy read that I finished in a couple of hours. Although it stretched the limits of my ability to suspend disbelief, it had lots of action, short chapters, and was very readable. I wasn't quite sure how it would all come out but anticipated much of the conclusion nevertheless. I can't say that I liked the main character, Sarah, but had hopes that she would prevail. The subject and theme of this novel is sexual predator behavior and Alan Lovelock is portrayed as a colossal misogynistic jerk and it was quite satisfying to see how things worked out for him in the end.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for the e-book ARC to read and review. I've read another work by this author and am eager to read his next thriller.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.
Genre - domestic thriller, sexual harassment theme

No comments:

Post a Comment