NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, October 29, 2021

Last Girl Ghosted by Lisa Unger

 Fast-paced mystery thriller with many layers and an intriguing plot.


When Wren Greenwood takes the advice of her friend, Jax, and sets up an online dating profile on Torch, she never expects much to come of it. Next, she matches with Adam Harper. They have an instant connection, see each other everyday, and Wren is falling hard. Then he stands her up for a dinner date...she’s been ghosted. His last message sounds like something has happened, and she can’t imagine what chasing him down is going to involve, but she can’t leave it alone. No spoilers.

The narrative, told from different points of view in a then and now format, reveals that there have been other girls who were involved with the man Wren knows as Adam — and now they are missing. All have some sort of tragic past that apparently made them vulnerable to this guy. Is he one of those lonely hearts con men, or is there something much deeper involved?

I enjoyed this novel even though I’m not a huge fan of long backstory and flip flopping story lines. If half stars were available, I would rate this 3.5 so rounded it up. I like this author’s writing and, though it seemed there was a lot of repetition of certain points, I was able to read in one sitting as it kept me interested. Lots of characters and the intertwining of current events (the virus, the economy, the internet) made the story more realistic and believable. I’ve never personally done any online dating and I must admit I would not be inclined as I have a very skeptical approach to social media and a love-hate relationship with it. Also extremely wary of “stranger danger” quite probably due to reading books like this! Anyway, this was not your typical revenge story and I think most of Lisa Unger’s fans will appreciate this book.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin for this e-book ARC to read, review, and recommend. 


This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - mystery thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment