NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Island by Adrian McKinty

 Predictable and completely unrealistic thriller where a family is on the run from an inbred collection of lunatics.

All the tropes are found within this novel that I had to force myself to finish. The characters were copies of every other story where someone finds extraordinary courage and is equipped with just the right talents and stamina to overcome the odds. With some kids to protect. The most interesting parts had nothing to do with the narrative but included facts about the Australian island and survival skills.

In addition, it is violent and includes all sorts of human and animal abuse. If this is your thing, then you might find the book to be just what you're looking for.

I'd requested it because I had enjoyed the author's The Chain. Thank you to NetGalley and Little, Brown and Company for this e-book to read and review. I can't recommend it.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series. Previous title was The Chase.

Genre - thriller

1 comment:

  1. Natural herbs have treated so many illnesses that drugs and injections can't treat. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I read people's testimonies online on how they were treated of Herpes, HPV HIV/AIDS & STDs, Diabetics , Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Stomach infections, Chronic pains. etc. by powerful natural herbal medicine, so I decided to contact the doctor because I know nature has the power to heal anything. I was diagnosed with Herpes for the past years but Dr Chike treated me with his natural herbs and I referred my aunt and her husband to him immediately because they were both suffering from herpes but to God be the glory, they were treated too believe it or not, but I am a living testimony. There is no harm trying powerful natural herbs. Contact Dr on Whats-App number . +233502715551. or you can also contact through his Facebook Page @ Dr Chike Herbal Remedy.

    ReplyDelete