NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, June 26, 2022

A Gathering of Secrets (Kate Burkholder #10) by Linda Castillo

 Another excellent installment in this Amish crime thriller series.

Chief Kate Burkholder investigates a deadly arson fire that kills 18-year-old Daniel Gingerich. As she does the interviews and sifts through the few clues, it becomes clear that this was murder and that Daniel was not the good Amish teen that everyone pretends he was. Unfortunately, the Amish like to keep their secrets and no one will be honest with Kate. How can Kate find the killer if she can't get the truth?

It's been awhile since I had read about Kate, and I found that I liked her just as much as ever so I quite enjoyed this book. I love the writing style and the details about Amish life in Ohio at Painters Mill. It was like going home to revisit the characters and the setting. I like her quiet relationship with John Tomasetti and I hope Kate can finally find the happiness in her personal life she so deserves. Looking forward to reading the next installment and highly recommend this entire series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Minotaur Books for this e-book ARC to read and review. 

This is the 10th book in a series that is best read in order.

Genre - Amish crime thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment