NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Upgrade by Blake Crouch

Action-packed techno thriller!

Logan Ramsay has been genetically enhanced without his knowledge or permission. As he gradually discovers that he is better at everything -- from concentration to physical abilities -- he also finds that he has been targeted for this upgrade by someone from his past. And there are bigger plans for the rest of humankind on a simply terrifying scale. Only Logan can stop the worst from happening.

This is the type of book that I was desperately needing -- so fast and fun with events coming at a furious pace that left me turning the pages wildly with anticipation. I love science, and this involved gene manipulation, so it was everything I hoped it would be and intensely satisfying. I liked the main character, and I can just see this as a movie on the big screen. There are some moral lessons within and I found it quite interesting what evolved from Logan's super mind concerning what the most important thing would be for the continued existence of homo sapiens. Enjoy!

Thank you to NetGalley and Ballentine Books for this e-book ARC to read, review, and highly recommend. I can't wait for this author's next book!

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - techno thriller, gene manipulation, science, action

No comments:

Post a Comment