NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, July 23, 2026

Replaced by Stephanie Kreml

 I’m having PTSD reading how this woman’s life is being dismantled.

OK it’s now just TOO MUCH. And it’s gotten completely unbelievable that all of these things would happen and that degree of persecution and manipulation would actually occur. There is no way that paperwork showing a divorce and marriage would hold up. The whole scene with the reading of the will and the lawyer saying that the husband changed the will. He would have had to sign it with witnesses in the lawyer presence. Lawyer accepted new will without ever seeing his client? 

And that those signed documents would not be analyzed. And so many of the legal aspects I am not buying. Things would not happen like that in real life. 

I was liking this at first as it moves really fast but things kept piling on and I can’t suspend my disbelief enough to recommend. It’s just ridiculous now.


Skip it. I finished but reluctantly. 

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre and tags: domestic drama, schemes, manipulation, gaslighting, child custody

No comments:

Post a Comment