NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Monday, December 4, 2023

The Nurse by Jenna Kernan

 Domestic thriller fails to thrill.


Emily is an LPN hired to care for a wealthy woman whose psychiatrist husband claims that his wife, Sabrina, has a lot of mental health issues. Emily is less nurse and more babysitter as the days go by. Emily is suspicious that Dr. Roth is overmedicating his wife. Eventually Mrs. Roth is found in a hotel, dead by apparent suicide. But was it?


I had a lot of problems with this very slow moving and somewhat boring book. As a nurse myself, I had a real issue with Emily being an LPN but supposedly graduating with an associate degree. In the USA, a practical nursing program is a one-year certificate and not an ADN which would result in the graduate being eligible to sit for the RN exam.  That aside, I didn't buy into Emily being any sort of nurse at all. She sure flouted confidentiality convention and would be a disgrace to her profession. Ah, but I digress, really. Just didn't like the story, the characters, or this silly twist. 


Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the e-book ARC to read and review. I should have just put it down, but I felt forced to follow it through. Don't recommend.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series

Genre - domestic drama, psychological

No comments:

Post a Comment