Gripping multilayered police procedural hits the spot.
When multimillionaire Granville Warren and an unidentified burglar are found dead after a chaotic home invasion in a Bar Harbor, Maine mansion, Detective Brock Justice is called to investigate with his partner Detective Chloe Wright and a suspicious new member of the team, Detective Samantha Osborn, who seems to be harboring some hidden motives for being there.
Granville’s much younger widow, Lily, claims she acted in self-defense but some of the evidence contradicts her story. Brock must navigate the underbelly of the local elite as he discovers that the dead town patron had some serious flaws including the fact that he was blackmailing tons of them.
I love a good cop story without drama and psycho stuff and this was it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really like tension and gritty authenticity. It’s obvious that the author has real world experience in law enforcement. This is the third in the series I have read and I really like the main character, Brock Justice, who is a compelling resilient protagonist. I love the hard boiled mysteries and small town intrigue of these and I look forward to the next installment.
ARC compliments of the publisher.
No comments:
Post a Comment