NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Never Look Back by Clare Donoghue (#1 Lockyer)





3.8 out of 5 stars -- Suspenseful police procedural, the debut of a new series featuring DI Mike Lockyer, the head of homicide on the South London police force.

I picked this one up from the library because I received an e-galley of the second book in this series and, me being me, I had to go read the first before I could open the next.

The bodies of 3 women have been found in South London and it seems a serial killer is getting more confident as the murder count rises. DI Lockyer and his partner, Detective Sergeant Jane Bennet, are trying to find a commonality between the victims that might help them figure out the perpetrator. Meanwhile, another woman, Sarah Grainger, is being stalked and can hardly bring herself to leave her house. She goes to Lockyer and Bennet for help.

I enjoyed the writing style and the depth of the characters. I'm looking forward to #2, NO PLACE TO DIE, and will be reading that one next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment