NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Host by Robin Cook

2.0 out of 5 stars - Disappointing medical thriller with unrealistic characterization and unbelievable action.

Two fourth-year medical students (one a white female, Lynn, and the other a black male, Michael) at Mason-Dixon Hospital and University in South Carolina are drawn into a biomedical conspiracy when her boyfriend never wakes up after surgery. When Carl is declared brain dead and transferred to the Shapiro Institute next door, Lynn and Michael find that somehow the Russians have become involved via Sidereal Pharmaceuticals to create a warehouse full of comatose patients with an additional sinister purpose.

I never miss a medical thriller, but I wish I had skipped this one. I may be wrong, and I hope I am, but it seems that the ending has opened up to hints of a sequel?

No comments:

Post a Comment