NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Scarred for Life (Jessica Daniel #9) by Kerry Wilkinson

GOBSMACKED. That's my takeaway. No spoilers...

What is this 9th in the DI Jessica Daniel Series about? The blurb gives a decent overview as there are a lot of cases that Jessica and her team are juggling in this outing. I've read the previous ones, in order, so following along with the changes wasn't difficult as I'm familiar with the backstory. I'd urge anyone interested in this series to do the same as they don't work well as standalones.

Character development, especially of Jessica, is ongoing and, though she still can't sit still for a minute and is ridiculously headstrong, she's matured a bit since the beginning of her career. She works for the Manchester Metropolitan CID, based at Longsight, and her supervisor is DCI Jack Cole. Fortunately, she's not as messed up emotionally as a lot of other female protagonists in many of the books I read in this genre. That said, I'm not sure about her future.

Not sure that I will go on with the series though I've loved and enjoyed it to this point. It's too bad as I always looked forward to another JD episode. 

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment