NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Nobody's Child (#3 King and Lane) by Victoria Jenkins

"Monsters come in all shapes and forms...sometimes there is no explanation for evil."

Arson and murder with no end to the list of possible suspects and the lingering question of how they are all related. It seems the perpetrator is attacking the vulnerable. The case is complicated and it's been very hard to get a real feel for any motive behind these senseless killings. I had my "ah-ha" moment just a bit before the revelations, but this was very cleverly written and I enjoyed the pace and details of the investigation.

Excellent police procedural featuring Detective Inspector Alex King and Detective Constable Chloe Lane working out of the area around the Rhondda valleys. Although this is the third in the series, this is the first one I have read -- much to my chagrin. I'm sorry to have missed the first two and hope to correct that at some point. I would love to know more about the main characters on the police team and all the backstory.

Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for this e-book ARC to read and review. Note that this book was initially titled COUNTING THE DEAD.

No comments:

Post a Comment