NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Final Betrayal (Detective Lottie Parker #6) by Patricia Gibney

Two young women are murdered after a night out. It so happens that someone they both knew had just been released from prison -- Conor Dowling -- and they were the ones who'd identified him and secured his conviction for assault and robbery ten years ago. Is this revenge? Then two other young women are found dead.

Meanwhile, Detective Lottie Parker of the Ragmullin guard and her team are pulled this way and that by other events and complicated situations. Not only with her job, but Lottie is also having some series issues in her personal life -- and then her two daughters go missing. NO SPOILERS.

This is the 6th book in the series and I've read all but one. I think it's getting a bit stale as this wasn't as good as the previous. Lottie's family is totally messed up and she has a lot of issues, not the least of which is her total focus on work and her haphazard mothering and family life. Don't even get me started on her current romance. This plot wasn't very exciting or thrilling and if there was any twist, I missed it as nothing about it surprised me much. I had to force myself to finish, which is unusual as I typically like long-running detective series so maybe I'm just tired of the same old, same old. I'm not sure if I'll keep on with Lottie or not at this point.

Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is #6 in a series and books should be read in order.
Genre -- police procedural, detectives, murder

No comments:

Post a Comment