NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Monday, April 6, 2020

The New Husband by D.J. Palmer

Nina has a new man in her life -- is he her savior or does he intend her harm? Nina's husband, Glen, was fishing and disappeared over 2 years ago and she's found out that he had deceived her. She's moved on now with Simon and they've moved in together. Nina's two children, 16-year-old Connor and 13-year-old Maggie Garrity have mixed feelings about Simon and Maggie is especially distrustful and suspicious. There's a dog. Lots of angst and high level of predictable bad behavior. NO SPOILERS.

I was quite disappointed that this psychological drama did not meet my expectations nor did it fulfill the premise that made me select it to read in the first place. I'm not sure how this title fits with the book either. The book has several narrators and I really disliked the parts that were from Maggie's point of view. I wasn't expecting this to be so much from a teenager's perspective and I didn't like her character at all, nor that of Nina. I see that other reviewers have a different reaction and so I'll just leave it here -- not for me.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.
Genre - domestic drama

No comments:

Post a Comment