NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Murder at the Brightwell (Amory Ames #1) by Ashley Weaver

Sometimes all you need is to discover a new cozy historical mystery series! This really hit the spot during these current dreadful times. I fell in love with the time period, the setting, and with the protagonist, Amory Ames. Shhh, I also really liked her playboy rogue of a husband, Milo, and can't wait to read more of the installments -- which I intend to do directly.

The synopsis provided here on the book page describes the premise and plot quite succinctly and I'll give no spoilers. This was entertaining and well-written even as it was fairly predictable. I enjoyed all of the period detail and description and had fun guessing which of the many suspects would prove to be the killer. I'll probably begin the second book later today as this was a very quick read.

Thank you to NetGalley and At. Martin's Press/Minotaur Books for this e-book ARC to read and review. I also have the 8th book in this series from NetGalley and will work my way there.

This is the first in a series that I plan to read forward in order.
Genre - cozy historical mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment