NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, October 4, 2020

First Girl Gone (Charlie Winters #1) by L.T. Vargus and Tim McBain

 Private Investigator Charlie Winters searches for a missing girl in this mystery thriller. She's come back to Salem Island after many years and this abduction hits too close to home. When she was a teenager, Charlie's twin sister Allie vanished and this case is a huge reminder. Who has taken Kara and why? Charlie's a little out of her typical caseload on this one, but is making progress until another family reports another missing daughter.

I think I would have liked this more if the "voice" of Allie wasn't speaking constantly to Charlie. I didn't care for the use of that narrative device and it annoyed me so much that I just couldn't really appreciate this story. I didn't care for Charlie as a character and I guessed the "bad guy" much too easily. I did finish the book, but I don't believe I'll be reading another in this series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the e-book ARC to read and review.

 

This is the first in a series.

Genre - mystery/thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment