NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, April 2, 2021

The Passenger by Daniel Hurst

Looking for an easy score, two criminals pick the wrong woman.

I should have paid attention to my initial instincts but I forced myself to finish what was a predictable story with truly hideous characters. It's typical fare -- a single mom with a teenage daughter who gets in trouble but uses her wits to come out on top.

I wish I could report that this was thrilling and full of suspense, but I'd be lying. I did read it all hoping that there would be a surprise ending but, alas.  Good characters would have helped but I couldn't stand any of them so it's hard to enjoy a book when you don't care and find most of it completely unbelievable. This was not for me.

I appreciate the e-book ARC to read and review from NetGalley and Inkubator Books.

This was a standalone and not part of any series.

Genre - mystery, general fiction, meant to be thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment