NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Stolen Ones (Kim Stone #15) by Angela Marsons

The fifteenth book in a crime thriller series featuring Detective Kim Stone from Halesowen police continues in the same vein as she and her team tackle an unusual case. A man walks into the police station and states that he has information about a girl who has been missing for 25 years. Things take a turn when another girl disappears from a childcare center and everything kicks into high gear. No spoilers.

I've been with Kim Stone and her cohort since the beginning, and I think the time has come to say goodbye. Throughout our relationship, Kim has not changed a bit and I keep trying to like her but I can't keep up the work to continue our association. I am tired of Alex Thorne and her machinations and of Kim's backstory with her twin brother and all that family dysfunction. I would be eager to see Angela Marsons develop a new character as I like her writing style. I know fans won't agree and I'm sorry to say that I'm done with this series. I read this over a couple of hours and, although it is a sound police procedural with characters I have known for years, I didn't find this as satisfying as I used to. It's not you, it's me...and all that.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review this ARC. 

This is the 15th book in a series that should be read in order.

Genre - crime thriller, police procedural

No comments:

Post a Comment