NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Irreparable Harm (Sasha McCandless #1) by Melissa F. Miller

First in legal thriller series does not disappoint -- I'm ready to read the rest of them!

Sasha McCandless, an associate at a prestigious law firm, is working hard to make partner. When one of the firm's biggest clients needs help after a commercial airline flight crashes unexpectedly, she is immediately involved in defending them when a class action lawsuit is filed. It turns out that this crash may have been deliberate, caused by a piece of rogue technology. As Sasha unearths incriminating information, she tries to get answers and finds that a federal air marshal is also investigating this case. Not sure who to trust, and with people involved suddenly dying, Sasha knows she has to get to the truth before someone gets her.

I downloaded this as a freebie from Amazon a long time ago and was not in the mood for anything in my review queue, so I picked it up and started reading. A couple hours later, I put it down having read in a single sitting. I was thoroughly entertained with the main character and the story. I do love a good legal thriller and hope to see more courtroom action in the subsequent installments. Sasha is a tiny woman and knows Krav Maga which really helps her out against the bad guys trying to get her. Perhaps less fighting in the next one? On to #2 as this had all the elements I was wanting in my current frame of mind - lots of action action, good plot, minimal romance, no domestic drama, no psychological twisting, no supernatural, and no horror.

This is the first of 14 titles and I plan to read them all, in order.

Genre - legal thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment