NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, March 6, 2022

Sundial by Catriona Ward

 Ghastly horror in the desert.

Rob and her husband are trying to hold their life together with their two daughters, Callie and Annie. It’s unfortunate, however, that soon Rob understands that the darkness is in Callie and knows she needs to take care of it. Rob goes to the place where it all began, a huge ranch in the Mojave Desert, her childhood home named Sundial. 

I almost DNF this but I have a thing where I have to if I start. This was not the book ever meant for me. Too many huge triggers including animal abuse and really disturbing psychological stuff. Some of the book was actually slow and boring with this insert of a book that Rob is scribbling. The narrative flips back and forth in time and as the climax draws near, the expected twist appears. The ending was totally out there crazy. But I see from other reviews that this appeals to others in a way it never could for me. 

Despite the fact that I don’t recommend this to anyone I know, I would like to thank NetGalley and Tor Nightfire for the e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - horror, animal abuse, psychological, thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment