NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, September 17, 2022

The Final Equinox (Theo Cray and Jessica Blackwood #2) by Andrew Mayne

 A thrilling technomystery that focuses on the possibility of contact from another universe.

Theo Cray is a brilliant computational biologist who is invited by a billionaire to spend some time out in the desert at a super secret research facility. It seems that the highly regarded scientists there claim to have received some sort of signal from outer space. Is an intelligent species trying to contact and  communicate with Earth? Theo shares some of his concerns about the transmissions to his girlfriend, FBI Agent Jessica Blackwood, and she ends up joining him on his adventures as he tries to analyze and investigate the source.

This was quite interesting, but I confess that the theories, science, and math were way over my head even though the author does his best to try to make it relatable on a scale I could understand. I enjoy the duo of Theo and Cray working together and they certainly have the smarts to outwit any adversary. I probably would have liked this a lot more, as I did the first in the series, if it had been a plot that I found a bit more interesting. I admit, I was sort of hoping that there would be aliens and spaceships. In any event, the book was entertaining and I read it over a couple of hours. I would definitely give another installment a chance as enjoy the main characters. I like the author's writing style and I've definitely enjoyed the Underwater Investigation Unit series.

Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas & Mercer for this e-book ARC to read and review. 

This is the second in a series featuring the two working together though there are separate series featuring each individually.

Genre - technothriller, mystery, science fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment