NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, March 30, 2023

All That Is Mine I Carry With Me by William Landay

 Unique and wholly original mystery that seeks to answer the question -- what really happened to jane Larkin?


An 11-year-old, Miranda Larkin, comes home one November afternoon to discover that her mother is missing. Two brothers, Alex and Jeff, along with their father, Dan, report Jane's absence to the police. For decades, there's nothing but the waiting. To tell anymore about this story would ruin it, but it is definitely one you will want to read.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book but it sure took me through the wringer as far as reactions and emotions. I flip-flopped all over the place trying to speculate, but I had no more evidence than did the family and law enforcement. Reading the various viewpoints took me on a ride -- while common sense told me one thing, my intuition spoke otherwise. The whole narrative spans more than 40 years and then...what an ending! Such excellent writing and memorable characters. The structure sort of gives the book a true crime vibe. I highly recommend it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bantam Books for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - mystery, suspense, domestic drama, murder, legal

No comments:

Post a Comment