NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Death on Deck (Lady Eleanor Swift #13) by Verity Bright

 Another fun installment in this historical mystery series. 


Lady Eleanor Swift and her staff are enjoying a last minute luxury cruise to New York when she becomes involved with a murder investigation on board the Celestiana. 


You had me at “cruise” as I confess I love reading about ocean voyages aboard lavishly appointed ships during the Golden Age circa 1930s. I loved all the details and descriptions of everything from decor to food to dress. I enjoy the characters, especially Eleanor and her butler, Clifford, and their lively, humorous repartee. It was great to have Chief Inspector Hugh Sheldon along and to see their relationship finally progress. Lady Swift is definitely unconventional for the time and place, but she’s independent and tough and also incredibly kind. 


Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC — I definitely recommend the entire series and encourage any curious readers to start at the beginning. I look forward to the next.


This is the 13th book in a series that should be read from beginning.

Genre -  history mystery, cozy, murder 1930s

No comments:

Post a Comment