NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, June 2, 2023

I Will Find You by Harlan Coben

 Mystery thriller that requires more suspension of disbelief than I could manage.


A man serving a life sentence in prison is confronted with a photograph that suggests that the son he was convicted of killing is still alive. 


I haven't read Coben in some time despite really enjoying his first books. I picked this one to give the author another chance but ended up almost marking it DNF. The plot was riddled with so many holes and instances of ludicrousness that I was mostly shaking my head. I didn't care about the characters and the ending was so predictable -- it was only a matter of how far things would twist to get it done. 


In the end, the book met my every expectation. The story line was unbelievable and not at all compelling. I'm sure many Coben fans will disagree with me and that's fine -- to each their own. I won't be trying another. 


Thank you to NetGalley and Grand Central Publishing for this e-book ARC to read and review. Pass.


This is a standalone and not part of any series.

Genre: mystery thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment