NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Zero Days by Ruth Ware

 Not the thriller I was expecting.


I was bored with this by the second chapter -- but I always try to finish something I've agreed to read and review. I should have DNF.


The plot is blah and predictable -- woman's husband is killed, she is a suspect, she tries to find out who killed him. Of course she succeeds. 


In this story, Jack (Jacintha) Cross is looking for the persons responsible for murdering her husband, Gabe. She can't trust anyone (and the reader will spot that immediately) and she's on the run enduring impossible scenarios of peril and being pursued by police. Her constant stream of internal dialogue, moaning and groaning, and repetitive thoughts drove me nuts. Without all the descriptive words used to describe her wound pain, how cold and tired she was, and how much she loved her husband -- well maybe this would have been a short story or novella. I found it boring.


Finished it, can't recommend it. Won't be rushing to obtain this author's next book.


Thank you to NetGalley and Gallery/Scout Press for providing this e-book ARC.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Not really a thriller to me, mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment