NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Monday, December 18, 2023

Law of Attraction (Anna Curtis #1) by Allison Leotta

 Too little legal, too much romance.


I decided to find this title after reading the 3rd, 4th, and 5th books in the series. Big mistake. If I had read this one first, I never would have gone on to the much better books that came later. 


It's not that I mind a tiny bit of romance in a good thriller, it's just that I can retrospectively see that Anna, the main character, is really quite the twit and I cannot understand her appeal to men. The plot of this debut was rather lame and predictable with many completely unrealistic situations. 


On another note, I really do not like the narrator's voice in the audiobooks. The truth probably is that I would find most to be irritating. Even at twice speed, it moves slowly and the different voices and emotions attempted get on my nerves. 


I borrowed this one from the library. Skip it. 

First in a series of 5 books total.

Genre - romance, legal thriller

No comments:

Post a Comment