NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Random in Death (Eve Dallas #58) by J.D. Robb

 The books in this futuristic suspense series never disappoint.


How can the 59th book in a long running series still be this good? Well, Eve Dallas and Roarke still have that incredible staying power as the main characters who stand for the dead and try to achieve some sort of justice for victims of crimes. In this case, young girls are getting stabbed by contaminated needles and are dying before any help can arrive. The substance inside the syringes is a sophisticated concoction that only a truly devious mind could design. How are these victims chosen and what message is the killer sending? Only Eve and her colleagues can find the answers. 


I had read quite a few installments many years ago, but became sidetracked by other books and never got back to where I had left off. Picking this one up, completely out of order, was easy and I didn’t feel that I had missed anything so significant that affected my enjoyment of this particular plot and story. I love the details about life in this near future New York City, especially the way that Eve and Roarke live it. I like all the characters and their individual histories, partnerships, and interaction. I both listened and read this and had a great time reuniting with this world and these fictional people. Makes me want to go find another soon and catch up. 


Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for this e-book and audiobook to review and recommend. If you like police procedurals and crime thrillers, this series is not to be missed. 


this is the 58th book in a series that you should start at beginning but I have read out of order. 

Genre - futuristic suspense, police procedural, crime thriller 

No comments:

Post a Comment