NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, October 8, 2020

The Color of Rock (#1 Dr. Abby Wilmore) by Sandra Cavallo Miller

 I love to read books about medicine, female doctors, and disease so I was eager for this one written by an author who is a retired academic family physician. I loved the Grand Canyon setting and the details about the activities at the clinic, but I was really disappointed with all the romance and sex as I feel it detracted from the interesting aspects of the story.

Dr. Abigail Wilmore comes to the canyon from Phoenix and is trying to manage her own anxiety disorder and start over in the more rural setting working at a clinic that handles the medical needs of many tourists and a few people who actually live in the area. She handles the challenging workload, develops a few professional relationships, and finds love. NO SPOILERS.

I have the second book featuring this character from NetGalley and University of Nevada Press on my review shelf, so I wanted to read the first in the series before tackling it. I liked Abby enough to find out more about her, but am really more curious about the unique setting and hope there is more of the medical practice in this next one and less sex/romance. 

This is the first in at least two books with this protagonist and I will read in order.

Genre - Romance/sex, female doctor, Grand Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment