NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, September 27, 2014

You by Caroline Kepnes


2.0 out of 5 stars - I am not the intended audience for this book and I did not like it at all.

The stalker's first person present tense voice and his intended victim were both just too crazy for me. The language was coarse and the sexual focus did not add to my appreciation of the story. I detested almost all the characters in the book, but most especially Joe and Beck -- in a way, I guess you could say they deserved each other. The book reminded me of American Psycho (which was better written) and I really don't care to read about sick perverts who get away with multiple murder. I don't understand all the positive reviews.

I can't think of anyone to recommend it to, and fortunately, I'll soon forget having read it.

E-book ARC was provided by NetGalley and Atria Books for purposes of review.

No comments:

Post a Comment