NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Third Victim by Phillip Margolin

Well there went a good night of sleep! I started this one late in the evening and did not put it down until after 3 am -- definitely a "read in one sitting" type of legal thriller that I hope is the first in a new series by this talented author.

The plot is described in the blurb but essentially it is full of twists, turns and surprises that begs the question -- who is the real victim? No spoilers, but when a tortured and starved woman is found at the edge of a road in Whisper Lake -- one whose horrible treatment bears similarities to two other cases of dead women -- many different groups of law enforcement and justice kick into action. The prime suspect is a prominent attorney and the prosecutor goes for the death penalty.

A large cast of characters and interesting detail about their lives provide a sidebar to the legal maneuvering. I found all of it quite absorbing and, though I guessed where it all might be going, I love to see the process of how the truth is revealed despite the red herrings.

I really would like to see more of Robin Lockwood and the legal team. I'm worried about Regina Barrister. I liked the Oregon setting. I do enjoy a good legal thriller and this fit the bill. Bring it on!
It was a refreshing change for me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Minotaur Books for this e-book ARC to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment