NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Her Pretty Bones (Gina Harte #3) by Carla Kovach

Two teenaged girls are dead, both showing indications of long term abuse and drug addiction. Forensics indicate that the two are connected. Detective Gina Harte and her team investigate a complicated case in this third book of the popular series. It seems that there may be yet another girl that needs help -- can they find her in time?

Although this book held my interest, the shifting points of view were a bit jarring and some of the narrative just wasn't all that compelling as the reader waits for the plot to become cohesive and to see how it all ties together. This is basic police procedural mystery with a very complicated reveal that was a bit disappointing. I just can't seem to relate to the main character, Gina Harte, and am tired of her personal issues not being resolved and her thinking the same things over and over. The other members of the team are not well-developed and none stand out as memorable. The most interesting aspect of the book to me was actually the fact that one of the characters suffered from Huntington's Disease.

I'm sure I will continue with the series as I seem to be addicted to crime thrillers featuring women detectives. This was my first read of 2019!

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the e-book ARC to read and review.

This is #3 in a series and I've read them in order to date.
Genre: Crime thriller, police procedural, mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment