NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Lock Every Door by Riley Sager

When Jules takes a dream job that turns into a nightmare...

Who wouldn't take the job as an apartment sitter in the luxurious Bartholomew? Homeless, heartbroken and broke Jules Larsen doesn't hesitate when she finds that she will earn $12,000 in just 3 months! Surrounded by opulence and fine things in 12A, the unit she's assigned, Jules can't believe her luck. At the back of her mind, and because of the concern expressed by her best friend, Chloe, Jules can't help but wonder if it's all too good to be true. Quite soon after she's settled and living in the private residence, Jules meets Ingrid and the two of them find that the Bartholomew is a very scary place to live. When Ingrid vanishes, Jules discovers that behind the walls of this stately facade are secrets that just might kill her. NO SPOILERS.

This was a fun, fast read full of twists and turns that kept me rapidly turning the pages eager to find out the secrets. The writing is good and the characters interesting with the typical stereotyping separating good guys from bad ones. Although I was rooting for Jules, I secretly had this teeny, tiny desire...well, I won't say more. The book provided me with a couple of hours of pure entertainment so I could leave my reality check at the door.

I understand this book may make its way to a television series at some point in the future. I'm looking forward to that and future novels by this author.

Thank you to NetGalley and Penguin Random House DUTTON for the e-book ARC to read and review.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.
Genre - mystery, suspense

No comments:

Post a Comment