NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Deadly Cry (DI Kim Stone #13) by Angela Marsons

"...even though there are two types of killer, there does remain one single commonality. They will carry on until they are stopped."

A serial killer is taking lives at a rapid rate but reaches out to DI Kim Stone begging for her help to stop. The victims are found with broken necks and the crimes seem random and senseless. Kim and her team are very busy trying to solve this complex case. NO SPOILERS.

I have to say that I am growing weary of this series and with the main character. I used to think of Kim Stone as being an eccentric loner, but honestly, her personality borders on psychopathology. Her complete disregard for orders, following her "gut" instinct, the way she treats her colleagues and others -- all lead me to dislike her more with each installment. The story line here was not as compelling as usual and, though I read it in a single sitting, it wasn't intense or particularly gripping. I am sure most of Marsons' fans will disagree and will eagerly snap this one up and give it heaps of praise. No doubt it's just me requiring more stimulating fare. I do like that readers are given more glimpses into the lives of Kim's team and I did enjoy that aspect of this book. Perhaps this thirteenth in the series is just a one-off disappointment and I do plan to continue reading hoping that Kim Stone has a personality adjustment.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review. 

 

This is #13 in a long series that should be read from the beginning in order.

Genre - crime fiction, female detective, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment