NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Monday, November 23, 2020

House of Correction by Nicci French

Tabitha Hardy stands accused of the premeditated murder of her former teacher and neighbor, Stuart Rees. His bloody body was found in a shed outside the house she had bought and was renovating in Okeham, where she had grown up. Upon arrest and questioning, Tabitha can't seem to recall anything specific that happened that day and she is remanded to Crow Grange Prison to await trial. After firing her lawyer, Tabitha decides to represent herself in court. NO SPOILERS.

This book took me forever to read and I honestly would have marked it DNF except for this crazy issue I have that I just can't do it. I didn't like the story or any of the characters and found the whole trial and courtroom scenes hard to believe. I've read this author before and enjoyed the books, but this one was just not for me. If you can relate to an unreliable narrator with lots of problems and can suspend disbelief, this might work for you.

Thank you to NetGalley and HarperCollins Publishers for this e-book ARC to read and review.

 

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - psychological

No comments:

Post a Comment