NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, January 1, 2021

Girl Under Water (Charlotte Winters #2) by L.T. Vargus and Tim McBain

When Randolph "Dutch" Carmichael, billionaire of Salem Island, is found dead at the bottom of his mansion's stairway, his six adult children decide to hire Private Investigator Charlotte Winters to find out who murdered him. The usual motive is, of course, money in these cases, but soon Charlie finds out that there is a lot more going on than greed. NO SPOILERS.

This is my first read of 2021 and I found it fast-paced and entertaining with a twist that surprised me despite my best guesses. I had read the first book in this series and was hoping this installment would  make me a bit more attached to Charlie, but I still find myself incredibly annoyed with the voice of her murdered twin sister Allie interjecting comments throughout the narrative. I did like the plot of this more than the previous installment, so I may give future books a go. The overly long dramatic climax on the water could have been edited down and what is it with these women getting so beat up on all the time? Seemed to me like Charlie should have required hospitalization! But, I did enjoy it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review. 

This is the second in a series that should be read in order.

Genre - mystery thriller, private investigators, murder

No comments:

Post a Comment