NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, January 21, 2021

The Newlyweds By Arianne Richmonde

 Cliche and trope-ridden domestic drama full of nasty characters that did not deliver any unpredictable twists or suspense. I had this figured out early, hoped for a surprise, was disappointed, but did manage to finish in a couple of hours.

Vivien and Ashton marry and live in a lovely old mansion in South Carolina. Their marriage is not what it appears to be, however, as Vivien has plans for her husband. Best laid plans often go awry and that's what happens here. NO SPOILERS.

Hard to give a more detailed review without giving away what is meant to be a surprising and shocking reveal so I'll leave it. I can't tell you how much I detested all the characters in this book and couldn't relate to a single one of them. Suffice to say it's not one of those "abused wife" books as it is essentially cold revenge. But who wins? I felt let down that none of them really seemed to get what they deserved.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review. Though it certainly wasn't the right book for me, I have no doubt it will have its fans.

 

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - domestic drama, revenge

No comments:

Post a Comment