NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, April 15, 2022

No Shadow Without Light by Luke Gracias (sequel to The Devil's Prayer)

 A worthy conclusion to the thrilling saga as Siobhan Russo continues her treasure hunt for the 12 missing pages of the Devil's Bible to prevent Armageddon. This is action-packed and full of historical references as Siobhan tries to complete her mission facing danger at every turn.

How fun it is to read an entire story back-to-back from beginning to end without having to wait ages to find out the end!

I received an ARC of the first book several years ago and it languished on my TBR shelf until this sequel was about to be published. A gentle reminder made me look to see if I had read the earlier one or if I still had it as I do not like to read books out of order or miss the beginning of a set or series. After I devoured <i> The Devil's Prayer </i>, I immediately begin this follow-up.

There is a moral here -- that humans are selfish and that their greed to accumulate and hoard precious resources will end up costing the survival of future generations. As stewards of the Earth, only with selfless behavior and curbing this behavior can all species continue to live. The story may be fictional, but the details and descriptions of the places and events that have already occurred are pertinent and relevant to current situations as well. The author also includes photographs of some of the sites that Siobhan visits in her quest and the history of them is fascinating. The topics of religion from a historical perspective and the themes of darkness and light, good and evil,  carry a warning. I always enjoy a book that makes me think and this one certainly did. I would love to have some great discussion with like-minded readers and definitely look forward to a film adaptation of these two novels.

Thank you to NetGalley and Authors Upfront for this e-book ARC to read, review, and recommend. 

This is the second book in a set of 2. Do not read this one if you have not read the first.

Genre - historical fiction, religion, action, adventure, quest, good vs evil

No comments:

Post a Comment