NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, May 23, 2024

The Last One by Will Dean

 I absolutely hated this book. I can't rate it zero stars or I would.

It was not anything that I expected given the completely disingenuous and misleading synopsis.

From almost the beginning when Caz wakes alone I had an idea where this was going. 

Yes, I finished it but that is a couple hours of my life I will never get back.

And I will always be a bit leery about this publisher's book descriptions again. 


And to make it all even worse, the narrator of this audiobook was horrible. Her accent and the way she tried to voice the other characters was extremely irksome and I finally had to stop listening. The way she pronounced certain words was so bad that if I had not been following along in the e-book, I would have not understood anything. 


Regardless, this is a book (in either format) I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.

Genre - can't say because it would be a spoiler in case you take a chance and actually want to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment