NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, September 15, 2024

Twisted (#1) by Maggie Giles

 I got this book from the library because I received an ARC of the second book in the duology and wanted to get the backstory before I read and reviewed the sequel. A mistake was made.


This plot centers around 3 women with 6 points of view and other characters involved with them. If I say more about these women, it will give the whole thing away. I could do that and save you the pain of reading this.... can you say psychiatric dysfunction, confabulation, and many other intentionally confusing situations. At the center of it all is sexual and physical abuse compounded by a drug prescribed by a doctor who was supposed to help them deal with their trauma. 


Other than being poorly written with horrible characters and a disjointed narrative, it went on far too long and then, worst of all, ends on a cliffhanger. 


My suggestion - skip it. 

This is the first in a duology.

Genre - psychological fiction, drama, DID, abuse, prostitution 

No comments:

Post a Comment