NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Thursday, October 3, 2024

Identity Unknown (Kay Scarpetta #28) by Patricia Cornwell

 Another great story in this long running mystery series.


Kay Scarpetta is in the middle of an autopsy on what she suspects is a murdered child when she gets a call from her niece Lucy. It seems that an old flame and friend, Sal Giordano, was kidnapped and violently killed. The strangest thing is that he seems to have been dropped from a great height out of something Lucy can only say was likely some sort of UAP — an unidentified anomalous phenomenon. Collecting her head of investigations, Pete Marino, they head off to the discovery location where everything is cloak and dagger classified. 


I love the way that the author describes everything and gives great detail about persons, places, and things. The writing style draws me in and makes me feel a part of the story as if I am right there. Over the past years after reading all the books in this series, I’ve come to like some characters more than others who get on my nerves. I always find the theme and plots interesting and unique. 


I was able to listen to the audiobook while also following along in the ebook ARC, both provided by the publishers. I loved the experience as the narrator did an excellent job voicing all the characters and bringing the appropriate amount of drama and tone to the book. As always, I look forward to the next installment. 

This is the 28th book in a long running series that definitely should be read, in order, from the beginning.

Genre - mystery thriller, forensic pathologist

No comments:

Post a Comment