NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Silence that Speaks by Andrea Kane (#4)


 2.0 out of 5 stars -- The 4th in the Forensic Instinct series has the team trying to figure out why someone wants to kill Madeline and Conrad Westfield.

Madeline hires FI when she is nearly run over along the road. Her husband, Dr. Conrad Westfield, is in a mental health facility because he is unable to deal with losing his friend and boss at Manhattan Memorial during a complex surgical procedure. The new CEO has plans for a merger, which leaves many of the staff upset and worried about their jobs. Motives for these attempted murders? Though I'd like to say that this was a finely tuned complex mystery with a lot of suspense and great characters, I cannot. I had to suspend disbelief through so much of the novel that I almost quit reading at 30%. I didn't like any of the team members (though they are beyond brilliant, just ask them) and their methods are clearly outside of the law. The case is closed, of course, but I couldn't work up any excitement or satisfaction.

I've read all the previous books in this series, but this will be the last one for me. Unappealing characters, lame case, ridiculous romantic situations -- it has it all.

Thank you to Edelweiss for the ARC to review.

No comments:

Post a Comment