NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Cross your Heart (Jessica Bishop #2) by Kierney Scott

"I wanted her to have one perfect day, that's it."

Special Agent Jessica Bishop is finally back to work after an altercation with a killer destroyed the use of one of her hands. She's a mess in every way but fights for the right to return to her team. While she was off on sick leave, she found a link between missing young girls that indicated a serial killer was at work. At first her fellow agents don't believe her, but then another girl goes missing. The signature is the same. Can they stop another young child's death?

This was the second book in a series featuring this character and I can't say that I liked Jess Bishop well enough to continue on. Way too much mental angsting and she is really screwed up in many ways. I didn't care for her at all and honestly can't believe that the FBI would have someone so emotionally and physically damaged working for them. Most of this was unbelievable and I never got to involved with the story. The conclusion was unsurprising and I don't know that I care to see any more cases or a further story about Jessica Bishop. She's such a stereotype of all the messed up female law enforcement personnel and I'm tired of the lack of a normal woman in the role. The other characters were merely sidebars to Jessica and no one struck me as being of further interest. I never really felt much tension or suspense as the novel progressed so can't say this was a thriller for me. It was OK and I have no doubts that some fans will enjoy it.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the e-book ARC to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment