NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Low Lake (Tyrone Swift #5) by Gretta Mulrooney

"Dig deep and deeper still. It's not what you FIND, it's what you FIND OUT."

Kim Woodville drowned at Low Lake two years ago. A very close friend, Jack North, hires private investigator (and former Met detective) Tyrone Swift to look into the matter because North doesn't believe it was an accident. Kim has led a very troubled life as a ward to the Ramsays living there at property on the lake and no one seems to be very upset that she has died. Kim suffered from epilepsy and had a horrible fear of water because her drug addled mother had tried to drown her in the bathtub when she was a toddler. As Swift begins his investigation in the the circumstances of Kim's death, he finds lies, secrets and betrayal. "Women, money and power."

This fifth in the Tyrone Swift series is the only one I've read and I'm very sorry about missing out on the others. I usually try to read books in order and hate not knowing the backstory of Tyrone but I was able to follow along as the author provides some of the historical detail. This was, for me, a mystery novel that I found hard to put down. I enjoyed it and thought it very well-written with a plot written in layers that slowly revealed the truth of what happened to Kim. The characters were interesting and believeable and I really am looking forward to reading the next installment.

Thank you to NetGalley and Joffe Books for the e-book ARC to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment