NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, May 8, 2020

One Mistake by Rona Halsall

This is a domestic drama full of completely unlikeable characters who do really stupid things, make bad decisions, and can't communicate. So many secrets, lies and misunderstandings complicated by a plot that hinged on the characters never acting sensibly or honestly.

I couldn't bring myself to mark this as a DNF, so I did manage to get through the whole of it -- all the while worrying about how to write this review. I find it very difficult to express my true opinions without coming off too harshly. I'm just not the right audience for this type of book and I apologize to any die-hard fans for not finding this twisty, exciting, suspenseful or thrilling. The characters annoyed me with their behavior and I am glad I don't know any people like that. They sure all liked to control things in different ways. Sara did not elicit any sympathy from me despite all her excuses, Matt was all of a sudden a jerk, well -- I'll just leave that here. I am sure that I'm the exception but this was not the book for me.

Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for this e-book ARC to read and review.

This was a standalone and not part of any series. The original title was I OWE YOU.
Genre - domestic drama

No comments:

Post a Comment