NetGalley Top Reviewer

NetGalley Top Reviewer
NetGalley Top Reviewer

Friday, May 15, 2020

What Lies Between Us by John Marrs

"...everything that is wrong with me is wrong with you too. We are one and the same."

This is a mother-daughter story like none other. Wowza -- I was completely glued to the pages as I sat down to read this and didn't move until the final words. I've read a lot of dysfunctional family relationships before, but this one surpassed my expectations completely. The twists and turns never let up and as I vacillated between mother and daughter, I wasn't sure what story was true and what was a fabrication of their crazy minds. I'd say much more but I don't want to give any spoilers to this fantastic novel by one of my favorite authors.

The characters -- mom is Maggie and daughter is Nina. We hear from them in past and present terms and both have decidedly different viewpoints on what has happened to them and the decisions they made. Why? That's the biggest question and it comes down to this -- love? What kind of daughter chains her mom up in a second story bedroom? What mother doesn't do what she thinks is best for her daughter?  The narrative will leave you reeling. I was torn and undone by the revelations! Who to believe? What was going on? Yes, so many questions and I hope you enjoy this one as much as I did. I am quite sure that this is going to give me nightmares as I think about it! Well done.

Thank you to NetGalley, Thomas & Mercer and Amazon publishing for this e-book ARC to read, review and recommend.

This is a standalone and is not part of any series.
Genre -- whoa -- it's hard to describe, domestic suspense, psychological fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment